- The Executive Board of the Ethiopian Poultry Producers and processors Association (EPPPA) conducted three meetings on April 22, 2016, on May 17, 2016 and on June 24, 2016 at the office of the Association and discussed various pertinent issues that required particular attention, at the end of those meetings directions were given to the management to follow up on the crucial agreed decisions.
- Ethiopia became a member of the North Eastern Africa Livestock Council (NEALCO) during the conference held 13-15 June 2016 at Kaleb Hotel in Addis Ababa. NEALCO is Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) affiliated organization that involves 13 countries in Africa. The main activities on the conference were:
- Awareness creation among national livestock associations in Ethiopia about NEALCO
- Identify and recruit existing national livestock associations in Ethiopia into NEALCO
- Discuss and identify interim national office-bearers for NEALCO in Ethiopia
- Discuss and chart out plans for establishing the NEALCO chapter in Ethiopia
- Gather views from national livestock associations on areas NEALCO can serve.
Accordingly at the end of the conference, the NEALCO Chapter in Ethiopia approved and office-bearers identified for several positions. The Chairmanship owned by Mr. Fanta Terefe who is one of the senior Agricultural Economist working as an entrepreneur on poultry production and feed processing moreover, he is currently the Chairman of the Ethiopian Poultry Producers and Processors Association Board of Directors.
Dr. Demeke Wondemagegne the former Manager of EPPPA handed over the responsibilities to the newly recruited Dr. Temesgen alemu following his engagement with another organization but he is serving actively as secretary of EPPPA Board of Directors.